1/16/14

January 20th: Adelon Joseph Features


Stone Soup Poetry meets from 8-10 p.m. every Monday at the Out of The Blue Art Gallery at 106 Prospect Street with an open mike sign-up at 7:30 p.m. On January 20th, Adelon Joseph has his first Stone Soup feature.

Adelon Joseph: " I came to the United States from Haiti when I was 8 years old. I can remember loving to write since Elementary School, Essays, book reports, you name it I wanted to write about it. The truth is I’m a complete Nerd who has an utter obsession with words. I’ve loved words since I could remember. I love the sound they can make when they are put in the right order.

"I write about everything. There have been times where I’ve had to pull off to the brake down lane on the highway to write down a new poem that just won’t leave me alone. I really came onto my on as a poet in college and have been writing since, though I’ve never had the nerve until about a year ago to do spoken word. But I’m glad I decided to do it. It has breathed new life into my poetry. Since I’ve started doing open Mics I’ve been featured at the Walnut street CafĂ© in Lynn and the Middle East in Cambridge. I’ve also performed in various places in and around the Boston area. My work can be seen on youtube and I have multiple poetry tracks set to music that can be found on Soundcloud.com.

"In the near future I would love to publish a book of poetry, and then move on to novels. I’m an avid lover of great poets such as Pablo Neruda, Khalil Gibran and Langston Hughes. I think these are among the greatest poets to ever exist. These are some of the poets that make you think there must be more to life than just matter. I’m looking at the future with a poet’s eye, dreaming to make writing and performing not just a vocation but a real profession."