8/25/12

September 17th: R. Wayne Nickerson Features at Stone Soup




Stone Soup Poetry meets from 8-10 p.m. every Monday at the Out of The Blue Art Gallery at 106 Prospect Street with an open mike sign-up at 7:30 p.m. On September17th, we welcome back open mic regular R. Wayne Nickerson for another full-length Stone Soup feature.

Wayne Nickerson writes: "I started writing short stories and poetry at Riverview Hopefield School, a boarding school I attended from 1966-1968.   I had a great English Teacher, Mrs. Prat, who encouraged her students to read both classics and new writers, which I still do to this day.

 "I also like to encourage people to do the same. I also paint and enjoy singing. I've been since age five and still own my first book. I started performing mine and others' work four years ago. I pray I'll continue to do this for a long, long time. Viva Stone Soup, viva fellow writers, good company, good life."