1/2/12

January 16th: Martha Boss Features




Stone Soup Poetry meets from 8-10 p.m. every Monday at the at the Out of The Blue Art Gallery at 106 Prospect Street with an open mike sign-up at 7:30 p.m. On January 16th, we enjoy a long-awaited full-length feature from local poet, Bagel Bard and longtime Stone Soup open miker, Martha Boss. She writes:

Bio:

i don't have
a traditional bio.
& I didn't have
a formal education.

i did have
a variety
of jobs,
husbands,
children & grandchildren.

they all kept
& keep me
constantly tracking
the poem.
they were & are
my accredited hours.

translated correctly
poems are bios.
more specifically
i have had poems published in The Aurorean,
The Register, Light, Spare Change,
Suny Review, Salt Works Press
& Others.
March Hare published
my book "Twine," a collection of poems
in 2009.

my favorite venue
for publishing poetry
is Spare Change.
my favorite venue
for reading it
is Stone Soup