7/15/06

August 14th: Nate Connors Features

Stone Soup Poetry meets from 8-10 p.m. every Monday at the Out of The Blue Art Gallery (located on 106 Prospect Street in Cambridge) with an open mike sign-up at 7:30 p.m. On August 14th, Stone Soup welcomes another member of the Friends of Poetry, Nate Connors.

Nate Connors is an actor/writer who recently published Why Air Winks at Me through Friends of Poetry. He is a graduate of the Emerson M.F.A. program and currently lives in Somerville. He thanks Sunny, Keith, Ron and Sue for their continual support and poetic guidance.

Rebecca

This is a love poem to
the girl I have not met
yet. She has a pair of dark
and wild eyes and a wreath
of flowers in her hair. No,
I think I saw her
today bright sunshine
in my eyes and song
in my head
as I drove to work. When the song was over
the sun dipped behind
a cloud and she
was gone. Even now
I could not tell
her name but it must be
rhythmic and round
on the lips. Rebecca. Yes,
her name must be Rebecca.

This is a poem to
Rebecca who I have not met
yet. And if today she raps on my door
to ask where everyone meets for lunch
to gossip like overgrown school children
and says “I’m Tina.” I will tell her
the truth and lie
myself.